That's What She Read

Introducing the very talented Jen from That's What She Read.
Jen is a novel reader extraordinaire (basically she reads a book a day)
 which obviously makes it no surprise she is an incredible writer,  as well.
Did I mention Jen is the one person I've sent the first thirty pages of the book I've been working on to review/edit/give me some direction? It's true. If that doesn't tell you how much I respect this girl's opinion I'm not sure what does.
I've never met Jen in real life (yet!) but her writing is so personal I really feel as if I have.
Without further ado, meet her for yourself...


1. You're a wonderful mom of two beautiful babies, and an avid reader and writer, 
so what took you so long to finally decide to start a blog? 

Funny you should ask that...please don't think I am a creeper when I answer this. But The Daily Tay is the first blog I ever read. I found it through a mutual friend of ours from UNL and was just hooked and started noticing all the fun blogs on the sidebar, where I read about someone's book club and I thought, hey, I have one of those! At that point in my life, I was in serious need of some creativity and positive vibes, so it started out as a project and has now ka-boomed into a wonderful part of my life that I love! The longer I blog, the more I meet others who dream of writing and I have had great opportunities to bounce ideas off of them and be inspired by others so it all comes full circle.

2. What is one lesson you've learned since you've started broadcasting your
 life and thoughts into blogland?

 I've learned that the bravery and nervousness I feel right after I hit publish on a post that means a lot to me is addicting. I like testing myself, my writing and my willingness to share about my life and I kind of like the person I am when I write. Everyday, bloggers are sharing things about themselves that scares the crappies out of them, so why shouldn't I?

3. If you could be any character from a book you've read, who would you be and why? 

Either Jo March from Little Women or Skeeter from The Help
(mostly because she has a kick ass name and gets revenge on the best literary mean girls ever created) Without meaning to, I just realized my two favorite literary characters are fellow writers. I guess you can tell I've got the itch, huh?

4. If your life was a book what would the title be?

Oops: A Series of Unfortunate Events I Didn't See Coming But Ended Up Being Pretty Okay. Author's Note: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental...except my mom. She totally did all the things in this book.



5. What's the best book you've read this year? 

Easy. Chanel Bonfire by Wendy Lawless. It's a memoir about Wendy's crazy ass mom, which I can relate to ( I kid, my mom is my BFF but we've gone through thick and thin together so there are plenty of stories to tell! ). Plus Wendy and I are Twitter buddies. She read my review of the book and told me it was "fantastic." I cried. Telling authors personally how much I love their stories is the greatest opportunity!

Head on over!
Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter