There Will Be Dancing

Before I begin rambling about my weekend,
I'd just like to say a big congrats to someone who just got married today...
I'm obviously talking about Mama June and Sugar Bear!


These two love birds, who met where else but in an online chat room nine years ago,
are finally tying the knot on this very day!
God bless it.
I wish them many years of neck crumbs, dirty jeans, and tobacco spit.
And dancing, lots and lots of dancing.


Anyway, like I've mentioned a few times already I came back to Nebraska this weekend
to celebrate my sister's 30th and my brother's 28th.
But if you ask Knox he'll attest that it was actually his birthday because he opened every present,
blew out every candle, and ate the most birthday cake out of anyone.


*Jade would probably like me to add that her hair isn't actually this "stripey,"
it's just the lighting.



After the ball pit and a quick birthday lunch we made the mistake of going to the movie
The Big Wedding.
The movie was pretty bad, but it was even worse watching it with my 80 year old grandma.
When we left my grandma noted that it probably should have been called "The Big Orgy" instead.
To say it was the most awkward 120 minutes of my life would be an understatement.
Google "opening scene of The Big Wedding" and you'll know why.
And just one time I'd like to see Katherine Heigl in a movie that doesn't involve a wedding.
My Father the Hero doesn't count, she was twelve. 
Which makes that thong scene like 100x more weird.

On the way out of the theatre my mom insisted I take this photograph of her...
(She's clearly been hanging out with Knox a little too much.)


We continued to celebrate at Jade's house with all of her wonderful friends that were in town.


Amanda, Nicole, Kristi, Becky, Erin and Jade, all college besties.
They've all come quite a way since the days I used to visit them at 28th and Q...


I didn't intend to, but I was having such a good time I accidentally drank enough for Jade and her unborn baby.
I think it's just because I love birthdays so much,
(and I thought someone had to pull weight on account of the fact the bday girl wasn't drinking.)
I ended the night early and came home with my parents while everyone else stayed out.
I was just really craving a bloody mary, or so I said.
But in reality I basically just poured myself a tall glass of tomato juice with a side of six cheese sticks
and some summer sausage.
Needless to say, I woke up feeling less than par.
Thus the reason I am still in Norfolk and not in Chicago like I had originally planned,
a nine hour drive on top of a hangover just wasn't gonna happen.
Oh hells no.
That drive will have to wait until tomorrow.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
According to my Facebook, I noticed about 12 new couples got engaged.
Like they always say, April showers bring May engagements.
So congrats to all you new lovebirds!
Cheers to not posting every single wedding detail on your Facebook page.
That's what blogs are for. Duh.

Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter