My Breezy Room

Introducing Kala from My Breezy Room.



1. Describe your blog in three words.

Creative. Personal. Humorous.
(These words were given to me by my mom...so as you can imagine, she's biased.)

2. You have some amazing DIY projects on your blog, where do you get your inspiration?

One of my favorite places to go in KC for inspiration is First Fridays, which is like a city-wide event the first weekend of each month. Down in the bottoms of KC, there are tons of old industrial buildings that open up as little Shabby Chic shops for the entire weekend. There are probably hundreds of little shops that are full of unique things and are great for getting new ideas!
Plus, hanging out there makes me feel artsy! :)

I also stalk way too many blogs day and night for even more inspiration!

3. What is your favorite project that you have created?

A few weeks ago I painted up an old dresser and took out a couple of the drawers to make it into a TV stand. I LOVE how it turned out. AND I bought the dresser for just $4.99 at a local thrift shop, so that makes it even sweeter!



4. You're a pretty recent college grad, what would you say is your dream job?

Well, I'm in the process of trying to convince my boyfriend to let me be a
Stay at Home Girlfriend Blogger, but that one's not looking too promising. If that doesn't pan out,
I would love to get into the event planning of a nonprofit. I interned with a hospital in college and I loved being part of a collaborative effort to raise a ton of money for a cause that helps so many. I'm currently working in the Communications department of a nonprofit, so I've been fortunate to get pretty close to my dream job within a year of graduating!



5. Where do you see yourself in five years?

I feel like this is the most dreaded question of everyone in their early 20s! I suppose I would like to be living in a small town on the edge of KC. Hopefully I'll be done with apartment life and will own a home of my own, with a yard and everything! Other than that, I really don't know. I'm sure my life will be completely different by the time I'm 28 in ways I can't even imagine!
For now, I'm just taking it as it comes.

Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter