The Daily Tay's Best Week Ever

And another great Valentine's Day is down in the books.
Chris and I celebrated at a fun little spot in the West Loop called GEB,
or Graham Elliot Bistro.

The drinks were phenomenal.
Even though I'm usually against Moscow Mules that aren't served in a copper mug,
these surprised me and were totally delicious sans their copper suit.
I loved the touch of mint added, it was kind of like a Mule meets a Mojito.
A Mujito if you will.
And if you're not in the mood to look at photos of amazing food click away now,
because I proudly documented our entire meal.
This is like a first for me so you better believe I'm going to show you all.

For starters we had oysters and the beef tartare.

Raw fish and raw beef.
Just how I like it.


Getting back to his German roots, Chris ordered the schnitzel.
And he's gonna hate me for writing this because he's actually got Danish blood,
or Viking blood, I'm not sure.
He just doesn't like me calling him German. Which is really weird now that I think about it.

I did something unusual for me and ordered a pork chop.
I'm usually a chicken strips kinda girl but this totally surprised me
and I woud definitely order it again.

And in between every meal we had an awesome wine connoisseur pouring us small
tastings of different wines he thought would go good with our food.

(Chris didn't realize I was taking his photo.)
Jk he did, he normally smiles like the person from the Ring.
All in all, a great night.
I think we were at home, comfortably sleeping in food comas by 10:00 p.m.
How did you celebrate your night?

But enough about that, we all know it's time for another edition of
The Daily Tay's Best Week Ever.

First of all, we gotta give a big shout out to all of the
Passengers Aboard the Triumph

They finally touched ground early this morning.
People came out kissing the ground and singing Sweet Home Alabama.
I can't help but think they were being just a tad dramatic,
I mean imagine what a passenger aboard the Titanic might have said about all this...
"So it didn't even sink? And you were in warm waters, no less? 
Remind me again what the hype is then?"
One passenger aboard the Triumph was quoted as saying
"The vacation was over, we were all in survival mode."
Survival mode on a cruise ship means eating four meals a day as opposed to five.
Then again... our cruise ship from NYE this year did have a leakage problem causing our entire floor to smell like piss and that kinda sucked.
Maybe it's about time Carnival find a new day job.

Speaking of jobs, the next thing having the best week is
Hell.
Because they just got a new VP this week by the name of Christopher Dorner.
This man might have the most misleading smile I've ever seen.
It's just a good thing they caught this cop killer when they did because he was about
to go on a terror.
But seriously though, he's a got a really sweet smile don't you think?
Looks like he could be in a Tyler Perry movie or something.

Speaking of sweet smiles, you know who else is having a great week?
Little Boys.
On account of the Pope retiring and all.

Oh c'mon Catholics, you can't even let that offend you.
I'm catholic for God's sake! But that doesn't mean I'm ignorant to the fact there is a lot of shit
going on behind closed robes.
Here's a thought, why don't we let our priests get married already so they don't have to bottle
up all of their sexual creepy feelings?
Do I think Pope Benedict XVI was a good guy? Yea, probably.
But he covered up a ton of sexual abuse done to children so he might as well be called Pope Paterno
for all I care.

Since I'm on kind of a pervert run here, let's just continue on down the road
with the next on my list
Creepy Mailmen
Why? It's pretty obvious, isn't it? Because they've had the privilege of delivering this all week.

The Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition was just released and the lovely
Kate Upton graced the cover again.
Or should I say Kate UptonS.
I bet she has terrible back problems.
And she probably can't sleep comfortably on her stomach the poor thing.

Last but not least, the final thing on my list having the best week ever is
Boys Town. Or Andersonville. 
(Or any other stereotypical homosexual neighborhood in Chicago you'd like to name.)

Because Illinois just voted to back gay marriage!
Twenty years down the road little kids are going to say,
"So gay people really used to not be able to get married? That's so weird."
Just like how women couldn't vote and black people had to drink from different fountains.
And if you don't agree, you need to get with the times.
I understand the bible forbids marriage between same sex couples but the bible also forbids:
1. eating a ham sandwich.
2. getting a rounded haircut.
3.men with injured wieners going to church. -this one has Peter written all over it.
4. gossiping
5. women speaking in church.
And if you don't believe me click here to read more.
God adapts, people. He told me.

And this has been another edition of The Daily Tay's Best Week Ever.

Have a wonderful weekend, only two more and then it's March!
Summer is coming!


Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter