Go Take On The Day


I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday!

Chris spoiled me by treating me to lunch at Taco Bell (drive-thru)
so I could finally try the Cool Ranch Doritos taco.
I am ashamed it's taken me this long to finally eat it given my love for Cool Ranchies.


It was pretty awesome.
Although my only complaint was that I could taste the taco too much,
and not enough of the Cool Ranch.
But I solved that problem real fast by simply eating Doritos on the side.

After our extravagant lunch at TB, we went to see The Great Gatsby.
Chris gets a little anxious about making sure we have the best seat in the house so we showed
up about 50 minutes early, thus we were "those people" lined up outside the theater while the workers cleaned it out from the first show.
Naturally, we had eaten our entire popcorn before we were even allowed to get in and choose our seats.


The movie itself was good. I had built it up a bit in my head, but never the less I would recommend it.
If you saw Baz Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet starring a young Claire Danes (pre crazy eyes)
and Leo DiCaprio, this movie had a very similar feeling to it.
Everything from the intense modern music to all of the glitz and glam surrounding the party scenes.
And I'm calling it right here, thanks to this movie,
flapper style is going to be in full force within the next six months.
The only downfall was that I spent a majority of the film trying to figure out if Daisy
was indeed Carey Mulligan, or if she was actually Katie Holmes pretending to be Carey, being Daisy.
They both use the same "crooked mouth frown" acting technique.


and

See, it's basically the same thing.

Leo, as usual, was simply amazing.
I truly believe he is one of the best, if not the best, actor of our time.
He was the perfect Gatsby.
And he made me want to start calling everyone, old sport.
Sound good, old sport?


I didn't intend for this post to be a movie review but I guess that's what it has turned into.
On that note, I've got to get my Monday started.
Before I turn twenty six on Thursday I have to run a marathon, make a million,
and finish my book!
I work best under pressure so I'm not too worried.

Now go take on the day.
-Dr. Laura.

Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter