999th Post

Tomorrow is my 1,000th post.
Considering I spend at least an hour and a half on every post, sometimes more depending on the day,
that means I have spent at least 1,500 hours blogging. Yikes, that kinda worries me.
Then again it's something I enjoy, so all that computer time can't be that bad, right?
Regardless, I made a decision last night I am going to make a conscious effort to step away from the digital world a little more often.
It's sickening how much I check my Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, blog, your blog, four email accounts and ext ext.
So I'm going to do less. Not less blogging, just less creeping pretty much.
You won't even notice I'm gone.

I made this decision last night over dinner when I realized I had my phone sitting beside me right on the table as if it were my life alert or something.
I wasn't allowed to bring my toys to dinner when I was little,
why do I suddenly think it's okay to do it now? If I can't log out just for ten minutes while waiting for my drink to come I think that's a problem.  Unless I'm taking a photo of the food....
For as idiotic as I always feel snapping a photo at a restaurant, I know I have to suck it up because I genuinely enjoy sharing the great places and amazing food I get to eat here in Chicago.
Like last night's meal at Bavette's.


I always feel just a little more fancy eating fries that are called Pommes Frites on the menu.


And I'm always a sucker for oysters.
Omg was that just the worst pun ever? I think it was. 


The classiest place you'll ever order fried chicken.


And then I need to talk about this tank top from Style Lately I have pretty much been living in.
Whenever I see all the fancy fashion bloggers modeling their beautiful clothes with the coveted little
"c/o" (courtesy of) under the photo I always get super jealous.
Because I want free clothes. Who the hell doesn't?
The only downfall to this is you then have to photograph yourself in said free clothes.
The first time I put on the tank top to photograph for all of you this happened-


I decided to get into a water fight instead.
But as you can see in this photo I love this top because it's got one of those long backs,
perfect for leggings, which I tend to wear way too much...
And yesterday when I put it on again to take a photo this happened-


I went into frozen-dog mode. You know when you put a shirt on a dog and it suddenly freezes?
That's what happened to me, frozen-blogger mode.
So go here to see this top on Style Lately, it's super affordable, just like the rest of their clothing,
and all very cute!

I'll get better at my pics, I swear. Just yesterday I downloaded the self timer camera app on my phone.
And I just realized how sad that sounded.
You wanna know how you know you're a loser? You download the self timer app.



Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter