Food Hangover

Happy Saturday friends!
I woke up a bit food-hungover today on account of the ten pounds of pasta and calamari I ate last night.
Chris's family is in town so we all went to Carmines yesterday to celebrate the birthdays
of his mom, sister, and grandma.



I'll talk more about that tomorrow,
in the meantime, I'm off to find myself a greasy breakfast sandwich...
And maybe some hash browns.
And probably a bloody mary.

Today's Saturday Takeover is one of my favorite people in blogland.

She is incredibly stylish, gorgeous, and has an absolute heart of gold.
And I also really like that Brie and I share the same love for throwback photos.
So if you're not already following her at Sophistifunk I highly recommend you do so.
Without further ado, meet Brie.




1. We've obviously been blog buddies for awhile and I've been reading your blog for sometime, 
but one thing I've never asked is how you came up with the name Sophistifunk? 

I'm quite frankly a little bit embarrassed about how long it took me to come up with a blog name. 
I've been reading blogs forever and always knew I wanted to start one but wanted to come up with 
the perfect name. By no means am I sophisticated in the slightest, 
but I've always tended to dress on the girlie/conservative side. 
However, I also often gravitate towards bright colors, or funky patterns. 
Hence, Sophistifunk.

2. You have such great style, what are some of your favorite places to shop?

First off, thank you! One of the biggest things I've learned when it comes to style is to invest in key pieces. I love Lucky Brand, Joe's Jeans, and Paige Denim for a great pair of jeans that will last for years. I'm really big into accessories (purses are my weakness) and love Marc by Marc Jacobs and Milly. Forever 21, Francesca's Collections, Cotton On, and HM are my favorites for tops and dresses. Oh, and I can't forget good old TJ Maxx and Marshalls!

3. Any spring/summer items you are really excited about this season?

 I am loving the ankle strap heels trend! I also love pastels and get so excited to brighten up my wardrobe for Spring.




4. Tell me a little about your jewelry shop, what inspired you to start this?

I've made jewelry for a long time and wanted to incorporate something I love (jewelry, duh) and something I'm passionate about (finding a cure for cancer). I lost my dad to Stage 4 Lung Cancer last January when he was 45 years old. He was a healthy, non-smoker, and the world's best dad to me and my siblings, including a one and six year old. Shortly after my dad was diagnosed, I came in contact with Maya Thompson who blogs at Rockstar Ronan. She's seriously the sweetest, most kind-hearted person ever, go read her blog. Like, yesterday. I was so inspired by her and knew that I had to do something to help the children affected by cancer. I knew that if my dad were still alive, he would never want a child to have to go through what he went through. I vowed to do my part in finding a cure for this terrible disease and currently donate 10% of the proceeds from my shop to the Ronan Thompson Foundation.


5. If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be?

Liam Neeson. So he could whisper in my ear, "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." To which I'd respond, "Good Luck." Any other Liam Neeson fans out there??


YES! I love Liam. - Taylor

Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter