The Curious Case of Taylor Buttons

I feel like I need to clarify a few things.
Sometimes when I write posts they don't come across quite as I intended they might...
While everything I said yesterday in the "I'm 25 During a Recession" was completely true,
in my warped mind I actually had this idea it might come off as realistically humorous...
as opposed to wildly depressing.
See you need to understand I've got a pretty dark sense of humour.
I find things amusing that you would probably find incredibly appalling.
So while I really and truly appreciate all of the kind words and comments
left by this wonderful world of bloggers,
I was somewhat embarrassed that what I wrote might have come across as
a bit of a pity party/boo who for me.
Here I just thought I was writing a sarcastic post about being twenty five.
and another swing and a miss...

So after I spoke with my mom today and she used the words
"bi polar" and "ranting" when referring to what I wrote yesterday I figured I should
probably clear up a few things.
Like the fact that I know I am exactly where I'm supposed to be in life right now.
I can just feel it.
I think I made it pretty clear yesterday I'm not financially where I'd like to be,
but that's such a superficial problem at this point.
Everything else is pretty okay with me.
And that's all I'm going to say about that because it's just not my style to sit here and babble
about how much I love living in Chicago and how I live for my Second City classes
and dream of someday getting paid to write comedy or blah blah blah.
Nobody wants to hear about that.

That being said, let's move on to more important things.
Like the fact I'm slowly morphing more and more into a 70 year old woman
with each winter day that passes.
It's an interesting syndrome I like to call
The Curious Case of Taylor Buttons

Reasons why I fear I'm an old lady trapped in a young body:

1. I love cardigans. Like I really love them.
Sorry Raven, I know you despise us cardigan wearing gals, but I just love them.
I daydream about owning an entire J Crew closet full of different colored cardigans.
Add a scarf on top of it and boom you've got one hot looking outfit.

Six different cardigans. Six different styles.
Every one of which says "please have me home by 9:00 p.m."
(The top right photo was taken in Cabo. Don't ask.)

2. I hate loud music.
I like to go out to have conversations, not screaming matches.

3. I had to google what "ROFL" means.
After I found out I still wondered why people say this.
And YOLO? I thought people were screwing up the word Cholo this entire time.
*LTISM.

4. I hate staying out late.
I'll never turn down a glass of wine at lunch,
but I'm always the first to pack it in at "after hours."

5. I prefer loafers over heels.
In fact these are the shoes I'm currently wearing.
I realize these aren't loafers, I think they're oxfords?
But you get the idea. I like to dress like a 1930s news boy.

And if you're starting to wonder by now how Chris likes my "style"
well let me just give you a direct quote from him,

"I work with a girl who dresses a lot like you." -Chris

"Oh yeah? What's that?" -me

"You know, like little grandma sweaters and stuff." -Chris

And don't even get me started on my love for grandma jewelry.
I went nuts at Christmas picking out pieces from my grandma's collection.

Continuing on...

6. I haven't missed a Saturday Night Live episode since 1996.
And yes, I still find them quite entertaining.

7. I hate pretentious "hip bars."
If the furniture is white, if there's someone in the bathroom whom I supposed to tip to dry my hands,
 and the name of the bar is a one word noun,
I'm gonna have to pass.

8. Not surprisingly, I love a good hole-in-the-wall.
Free popcorn is always a plus.

9. I don't think of techy-house-dj "music" as music.
I'm sorry, but I don't.
It's just a bunch of computer hibbity bibbity.
See that right there, that's an old lady phrase and I didn't even mean to do it.

10. I thought One Direction was a spoof band up until about two months ago.
Seriously, I thought they were a joke this whole time.

And now it's about 4:00 p.m. so I'm gonna pour myself a tall glass of Metamucil
and snack on some peanut brittle.

XOXO
Mona Robinson


*LTISM is a phrase I made up a few years ago which stands for
laughing til I shit myself.
It's been slow to catch on, but I know it will eventually.

Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter