The Daily Tay's Best Week Ever


Given the fact we landed around 2:00 a.m. this morning
(thanks Southwest for that, by the way.)
We spent our first night at a very lovely Embassy Suites airport hotel.
Color me white trash, but I love Embassy Suites.


The more outdated they are, the better.
And this particular Embassy has not been remodeled since the day
it was built forty years ago.
And I was loving it.
The faux rainforest feeling, the balconies all facing inward,
the open glass elevator, I love it all.
It takes me back to a simpler time, like the early 80s.
A time when I wasn’t yet born, but was undoubtedly still dreaming about the
moment I would some day have the privilege of eating a free breakfast buffet,
and free cocktails and peanuts from 5-7 p.m.

But I digress.
I’m supposed to make this quick since I am on vacation and all.
that's what he said.
So here goes nothing, time for another edition of
The Daily Tay’s Best Week Ever.

The obvious first choice is
Stockings.

This is the one week out of the year when it is truly stocking’s time to shine.
Forget the pretty wrapped gifts, there’s just nothing more invigorating than dumping out a sock full of beef jerky, scratch cards and gum.
In fact, I think for my birthday this year I’m going to ask that all presents come to me delivered in a stocking.
And in all reality, it’s probably the one time of the year people actually even use the word
“stocking.”
Unless of course you’re a 1940s hooker and say something along the lines of,
“take my stockings off first, doll.”

Second on my list is that sweet girl who “Dana” from Homeland is portrayed after.
Obviously I’m referring to
Malia Barack Obama.

It was reported that this little gal just got her first cell phone for Christmas!
How exciting. I bet this is the best thing to ever happen to her.
Her father got a country for Christmas and she got an Android.
I remember my first cell phone. Although it was only mine on the weekends.
402.649.9527 was the number.
But don’t call it because I’ve heard the woman no longer finds it comical to get drunk dials asking for Taylor.
Or maybe she does, give it a ring.

You know what else I’m loving this week?
Christmas family photos.
Preferably in front of a Christmas tree, or all gathered around
the eldest member of the family in a wheelchair.
My family almost forgot to take one this year.
Almost.
Weird how we all showed up in Husker gear, huh?
See if you can find me in the little gem.
Clue: I looked confused as shit.

And finally,
The last on my list having the very ultimate best week ever is
2013.
Because I have never been so ready to welcome a new year into my life.
Don’t get me wrong, 2012 has been pretty great.
But I’ve just got this feeling 2013 is going to be my year.
I hope it’s yours, as well.

Now I’m off to do vacationy things.
And because it’s the 90s I’ll obviously be documenting it all on Instagram.
So feel free to follow along @taylorgracewolfe as I take photos of my snotty nephew, 
Knox giving me dirty looks, various plates of calamari I order,
 and pretty scenery shots along the way.



Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter