This Is Just A Test

So today I was on the way to a cookie dough delivery when I got a call from my
manager telling me not to panic, but we were out of glow in the dark blade-less fans.
Dear God why?
Anything but the glow in the dark blade-less fans. Those are the sole reason kids sell the dough,
 is to get those fans. How was I supposed to explain this to Tiny Tim?

Hold on though I just caught myself in a moment, I never thought at age 25 I would have a job in which I would say something like:
So today I was on the way to a cookie dough delivery when I got a call from my
manager telling me not to panic, but we were out of glow in the dark blade less fans.

Why do I always end up with the most random as hell jobs...
Oh yeah, because I'm random as hell.
Anyway,
before that call came in, I was actually having a pretty good commute to work.
Is it weird that I actually like the fact I typically have to drive at least 35 minutes to get to my appointments? I need this time to wake up and get the coffee running through my veins so I'll have the necessary energy to do whatever humiliating thing I have to do for the day.

So anyway, I was cruising along enjoying some good tunes, when out of nowhere
the song cut off and all hell broke loose.
I'm talking about the monthly radio test.
Does that test scare the bejesus out of anyone else? I literally almost shit my pants every time that
awful alarm like buzz comes through the radio waves.
Within the first .2 seconds I hear that noise my brain instantly goes to one of two things-
1. War & 2. Aliens.
Maybe war with the aliens.
And it doesn't help we're still using the very first sound bite made during the Cold War circa 1947.
Couldn't we at least update the audio a tad? Maybe have Matthew McConaughey read it or something.

But why is this monthly test even necessary?
 Because God forbid some day it's not just a test, I'm gonna go bat shit crazy if I'm in my car and I hear via radio wave the world is ending.
I thought I was one of the last people in this world to still listen to old fashioned radio, anyway.
Why not move the test to the color television set already ? I mean, it's 2001 people.

I might have had too much coffee this morning, my apologies...
So that's why I'm going to turn it over to someone not talking about aliens or blade-less fans.
I'm sure you all know her already, she's the brains behind the Messy Project.
She's also the reason why I no longer feel guilty if I happen to go a day or two without brushing my hair...
Her name is Kelly (if you haven't figured that out already.)
If you're not yet reading her blog you need to be.
She covers everything from fashion, to beauty, to her love for animals,
and everything in between.
It's literally my go-to site for style advice. I honestly just love her blog.
It's one of those that just never lets you down.
But I'm gonna stop rambling and let her speak for herself.
Here she is...

Hi! I’m Kelly and I write a Fashion & Lifestyle Blog called Messy.Dirty.Hair.



 The main purpose { besides my love of fashion } for starting Messy.Dirty.Hair. was that I wanted to show people you can still be trendy & chic but natural at the same time. You will never see me standing in front of the mirror for hours globing on the makeup & making sure every single strand of hair is perfectly in place. It’s just not real to me.  It's actually really rewarding to be able to not care about what I look like & still feel secure & comfortable with myself to go out in public.

via

So it’s okay if your hair isn't sitting perfectly on your head today, or if there's a small stain on your jeans, or a button is out of place. It's okay if you leave the house without any makeup on. Be the real version of you. Stay true to yourself. Embrace the imperfections because let me tell you, no matter how hard you try you will never ever be perfect. So instead of driving yourself crazy trying to make everything look perfect join the movement & Embrace the Mess.

Try it one day...i dare you...


via


hear my full Embrace Messy Hair story HERE....hope to see you around the mess



Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter