This Is Me Improvising

So over this lovely three day break Chris and I had big plans to take on the world.
We were going to have "the best Chicago weekend ever."
This entailed going on The Untouchables Tour:
which is the Chicago gangster tour that I actually see pass our house at least three times a day,
so obviously that means Al Capone probably lived in my room at one point in time.
We also were going to go on the Chicago Architecture Boat Tour:
I've done this once before and loved it, but it was going to be Chris's first time.
We had even comtemplated another visit to the aquarium and the art museum.
And of course we were going to fit in stops at restaurants we've never been to in neighborhoods we don't often get to like Wicker Park and Bucktown.

But then this happened.
Someone broke into our house again on Saturday night.
And they threw a party.
Rude, I know.

I suppose you could also call the above photo simply an aftermath of the Husker game.
That would be a safe bet, as well.
This "little" Husker bar we go to called Kirkwoods always seems to bring out the best worst in us.
It's a real time-trap kind of bar. One minute you walk in and it's daylight,
and the next minute it's still daylight and yet you're a little bit drunk.
That's the hard thing about starting at 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon...
Regardless of what happened on Saturday evening after we left Kirkwoods,
 it kept Chris and I from accomplishing our
"best Chicago weekend ever."

Like the two bums we are, we were on the couch all of Sunday,
only taking a minor break to walk to Five Guys a block down from us,
and then again to 7/11 for a late night Gummy Worm/ Cool Ranch Dorito pick up.
But I'm not going to pretend this wasn't a pretty great day.
Chris and I are really really good at being lazy.
So good in fact it scares me sometimes we're doomed for a life of obesity
and TLC/NatGeo reality TV watching.
I guess they're are worse things in life...

Yesterday was equally as good.
Although I did spend a majority of the day dreading what today would bring.
And I was right.
I have been on my phone dealing with bitchy people from the moment I rolled out of bed at
6: 00 a.m. 9:00 a.m. until right now.
I just finally said enough.

And just like last week at this time,
I am dreading attending class #2 for Second City.
I just don't think I have it in me to play Zip Zap Zop for another 45 minutes.
And tonight we're also doing "object work."
Which means I get to learn how to hold/work imaginary objects.
It's what we call "improvising."
Shit.



Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter