Sometimes You Wanna Go

"Your posts and comments about this weekend are getting a bit excessive."
said my friend, Roy, regarding my recent Facebook activity.
And she's right, they are. But I can't help it.

"Making your way in the world today, takes everything you've got."
It does. It really does.
It also takes my dignity when I find myself having to stand in a cafeteria full of middle
schooler's shouting on a microphone about glow in the dark skate boards.

"Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot."
Boy would it ever. This week has been annoying, to say the least.
I'd just like to sit back at The Bar, Bloody in hand, and not think about a damn thing
except beating Wisconsin, and how long I have to wait until I can get Lazzaris again.

"Wouldn't you like to get away?"
Yes! Yes! I want to get away.

"Sometimes you wanna go..."
Nebraska! Nebraska! Nebraska!
freshman year. first football game. jean skirt city.

"Where everybody knows your name,  and they're always glad you came."
You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same.
You wanna be where everybody knows, your name."

I do. Yes I do.

So yeah, I guess you could say I'm excited to go home this weekend.
Nebraska plays Wisconsin.
Last year they murdered us up there, and this year I'd really really like to get some revenge.

Without going into too much detail, let me just give you a brief recap regarding my experience with
the Badger fans last year.
disclaimer: I realize every college has their fair share of "bad apple fans" we just happened to encounter all of them in Madison.

1. How many times did I see Badger fans pour beer on Husker fans heads aged 50+?
Four. And I'm talking about 50 year old ladies getting beer poured on them.
Are you kidding me?

2. Walking to the stadium with my parents, how many times were we just blatantly told
F$%K YOU?
Three times.

3. Thrown beer bottles at us? You betcha.

I'll stop right there before I get too heated again.
I have since met some really great Wisconsin people so I now know they're not all like that.
It was just a particularly bad day for me.
Bad/really awesome because I thought Camp Randall was a great place with an amazing farmers market.

And they sure know how to make a great Bloody up there.
So in honor, these will be the exact same ones we're gonna replicate on Saturday:

And how will Husker fans treat Wisconsin fans after last year?
Like they're our long lost BFFs. Because that's just how we do.

And now for a quote I use way too much, yet not enough:
That's what I like about Lincoln, I get older, and it stays the same age.


Nebraska, I'm coming home.




Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter