I'm Drinking the Kool Aid

So my class at Second City on Tuesday was kinda strange. 
 For the first 90 minutes our teacher instructed us in only Gibberish.
 Literally not a single word of English was spoken the moment we walked in. 
After numerous Gibberish exercises, 
it was our turn to act out 2-3 minute improv scenes in 100% Gibberish. 
Thanks to my extensive years spent playing The Sims, 
I'm actually quite fluent in Gibberish, so it was pretty simple for me.

But it's happening.
I've started drinking the Kool Aid at Second City and I can't stop.
I'm obsessed.
I'm becoming one of those improv dorks and there's nothing I can do about it.
Tina Fey warned me about this, in her book she said,

"The Second City is like a cult. You eat, drink, and breathe improv." 
And it's true.
I'm only five classes in and I'm already signing up for more.
I'm like a gushy little school girl every time I walk into the building.

 I imagine Tina opening that same door.
 And then I picture Chris Farley riding that same escalator. 
And John Belushi doing drugs behind the alley I cut through. 
I think this every single week and it still excites me.

a few alumni:


And then when I leave, I always get this weird feeling like I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. How corny is that? 

And I can't help but think of this really cliche quote I once heard that has for some reason stuck with me, 
"you'll never be lost in life as long as you continue to follow your internal compass."

 Holy shit, who am I becoming. Inspirational quotes? 

What's next, am I going to start posting Eleanor Roosevelt posters? And then Marilyn Monroe? 
No. I draw the line at posting "life quotes" from an overrated movie star who couldn't manage her own life. Yup, I just took it there. And I think I'm back to my old self.

And now to introduce you to another great gal
who writes an always entertaining blog that you should definitely be checking out.
As if her little ditty below isn't enough to draw you to her she's also willing
to throw in a $20 Target gift card to say thanks for reading! (and following obviously.)
Meet Beth.

Hello The Daily Tay readers! I’m Beth and I blog over at Arrow in the Eye.  
My blog is pretty much all over the place, one day it’s embarrassing photos of my family and/or fur child, the next it’s my junktiquing adventures. (junk + antiquing = junktiquing!)  
So if you’re feeling random come on over and check me out! 
Plus you want to win a  $20 Target Gift Card Right? Get on it!


 Uh that's me!

 Until then I'll just give you a preview of what happens over my way

 This is what greets you at the airport when you've been gone two weeks.
My poor sister

My most prized obsessions  nail polishes are stored in this upcycled ammo box


Pretty sure if she could read I'd be dead right now. 

Clearly I have entirely too much time on my hands living outside of DC.
So come on over check me out and enter to win some Target ca$h!

Feel like lurking some more? I'm on the interwebz here and here too!


Now get on over to her blog!
I'm getting on over to my bottle of wine. Boy oh boy, it's been a week..


Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter