Let the selling begin

It's a good thing I don't have a lot of humility. 
Because I've done a lot of weird shit in my time trying to get my "projects" going.
Remember when I handed out postcards on Michigan avenue for my "Morning After" book?
I do. And I still believe I'll get that going one of these days...
Or when I sold Pink Panther golf headcovers to pay for my binge drinking in college?
Or when I tried to set up an interview with Fred Phelps from the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka.
Sex, drugs, and Westboro Church- was the name of the book I never wrote.
Or how about when I blindly went into random baby boutiques, asked for the manager, and then pulled a book out of my purse and said "want to buy this?" 
Yeah, that was today.

And it went pretty well actually! The first girl I showed it to laughed hysterically and said,
"is this about a drunk baby?"
Yes, yes it is. Not only do I condone underage drinking, I condone toddler drinking. Vodka bottles for all!
No!
It's about a drunk aunt, geesh.
Regardless, she liked it. But she doesn't make decisions, however (which is probably a good thing since she works at a baby store and likes the idea of drunk babies.) So now I have to get through the buyer.
I can't believe every tiny boutique in Chicago has buyers. That's why I was starting with boutiques, so I could surpass that person. 

Next up:
Send book to Kathie Lee and Hoda.- one mention on morningmommy TV and we would be stars.
Ellen?
Mason Dissick. 
and Jessica's unborn baby. Or is it born yet? 
Oh, and for sure Kristen Cavallari.

We need to be smart about this. Like figure out how to get celebs to tweet us back or something about the book. But that means I'll have to figure out Twitter. And I'm just starting to figure out the basics of "tweeting back" or "tweeting at" whatever, it's too confusing.

The bottom line is this. Every person we have shown it to absolutely RAVES about Kam's illustrations. They all ask, "who did these illustrations?! They're amazing." and then I feel bad about my writing.
Jk.
But really, do they ask because they think I'll say some famous artist that they might recognize? Probably.
Order yours and see for yourself. We sold quite a few within the first hours we put it up last night. It was exciting. 

Check it. And then post it on your Facebook, and twitter, and pinterest, and blog. We seriously really appreciate it.

To celebrate my (almost) book success I took Harlow to the dog beach.

We didn't make this castle. But we both stepped on it shortly after.

I never thought I'd be such a dog weirdo.

But I am. This might be one of my favorite spots in Chicago.


And this was just seconds before he full on tackled me.


And this is me being artsy. I love instagram.

Then it was time to go. And I think he brought the entire beach home with him. - and that was a 90's sitcom mom line if I've ever heard one.

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter