There Is No Place Like... Nebraska


There is no place like Nebraska 
Dear old Nebraska U.
Where the girls are the fairest,
The boys are the squarest,
Of any old school that I knew.

Happy Friday, my friends. Chris, Harlow and myself are currently en route to Nebraska to watch the Cornhuskers take on the UCLA Bruins this weekend.

And I might be just a little excited to return to my old college stomping grounds of Lincoln, Nebraska.  Because the thing I love about Lincoln is that I get older, but it stays the same age... alright alright alright. And if you don't recognize that quote you might need to revaluate your life. Just kidding. But really, let's all take a minute right now to think about great Dazed and Confused is.

Sure Lincoln may change a bit over time, like how about that new Pinnacle arena in the Haymarket whoop whoop?!? And I can't forget about the Pepperjax Grill downtown, that certainly wasn't there when I attended school. But the important things never change. Because Lincoln is a town ran on tradition.

I know that when I return there will always be a homeless man playing the washboard on O street. Lazzaris will still have drunk pizza boys that lick their fingers while making the pizza, and we'll love them for it anyway. The Rail will still have bathrooms with more water on the floor than a public swimming pool locker room, and we'll love them for it anyway. There will be herds of red chanting "GO BIG RED" down the street in all directions. The Embassy Suites will be packed by 9:00 a.m. full of out-of-towners in all shapes and sizes. Ladies much too old will have glitterly "N" tattoos all over their faces. And men much too young will be dressed almost identical to our head coach, Bo Pelini, in their khaki shorts and grossly white Nebraska sneakers. But it's okay, because it's all in the name of tradition.
It's time to return to the good life for a few days. Lincoln, I'm coming home.

Follow along all of my game day shenanigans on Instagram @taylorgracewolfe. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


 photo signature-23.png

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter