When Chicago Blew Up

So last night the Blackhawks won the cup.
And then Chicago just lost its mind.
I was told the city would go nuts, I was told it would be absolutely crazy, and I thought I was ready.
But I wasn't.



It didn't help we were right in the heat of the action in Wrigleyville where the streets were flooded.
Let me just say this, if Chicago ever riots for a bad reason, I am screwed. The city is screwed.
Because while it was exciting to be a part of something like this, I was also a little intimidated by it.
People in large groups are scary. And also bat shit crazy.
At one point I witnessed a Jeep drive through the crowd and watched two guys tear the bumper off of it in the process.
People were screaming, spraying champagne, taking their clothes off, climbing street signs,
the madness was just ridiculous.





It was all fun and games until the riot police showed up,
because when people started throwing beer bottles and firecrackers at the horses, I lost my shit.
I don't tolerate throwing stuff at animals.
The police men were able to duck and block themselves from crap being thrown their way,
but the horses had no choice but to take it and that's when I said I'd had enough and was ready to go.
What kind of ass thinks it's cute to toss a firecracker onto a helpless animal?
It may just be the nature of the beast being in a riot scene like last night, but never the less I was still pretty pissed about it.

I don't want to end on a bad note, because beside the whole police thing,
it was a pretty incredible night.
If you ever get the chance to be a part of something like this, I highly recommend you do so.

And now I'm just going to do a full 180 and leave you with a few photos from this past weekend when Chris and I ventured off to see Garden of the Gods before flying back to Chicago on Sunday.










If we ever get over Chicago, I'm thinking Colorado might be our next stop...
In the meantime,
Knox and my mom are in town for my graduation show this evening at The Second City.
It's about to get real weird tonight, full recap to come tomorrow.



Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter