Eat. Pray. WOD.

Introducing Ace from Eat. Pray. WOD.
If you're looking for a little workout inspiration for the summer, I highly recommend
you read this post and then head on over to Ace's blog to read more.
She is one tough cookie, just look at the progress she has made already.




1. Your blog is called Eat. Pray. WOD. What does this mean to you?

Over the course of the past year, I went through a really difficult time and, essentially, my whole life changed. All of a sudden, my day to day routine was so strange and foreign. I had just started CrossFit and I found that it was really the only stable thing in my life. I found myself praying to…uh…any and every major and minor deity? that things would be okay and be resolved. And they were. Going to CrossFit on a regular basis, changing my eating habits, and becoming a family with the people at my box really changed my outlook on life and life itself. Oh, and WOD stands for "workout of the day"!

2. What is on your food menu for the week?

Chicken, chicken, and more chicken. I usually start out the morning with boiled eggs and some kind of berry fruit. I baked chicken for the week topped with sauteed mushrooms and onions. I also am planning on making some bacon and egg cupcakes to hold me over while I'm in San Antonio for CrossFit South Central Regionals.

3. Your workout routine is beyond impressive, how do you keep yourself motivated?

I keep a journal! I write down everything I do everyday in the box. I always make notations if I do something better than I could do it before (ie: last week I could only do 40 push ups, this week I can do 45 or setting a new personal record on a lift). If I'm ever feeling like I don't want to go, I can look back at that journal to see how much progress I've made and it'll motivate me. Of course, there are the days that the journal doesn't even cut it. I look at it and I think, "ugh, I still don't want to go." Then it's like my boxmates have freakin' ESP because I'll get a text or FB message that's like, "um, where are you? I haven't seen you in the box today." Love my boxmates…they're not gonna let me be a lardass.


4. What's your favorite music you listen to when you exercise?

Juvenile or Cash Money Pandora.
Because I'm clearly a thug.
Just kidding. Kind of.
I just love the heavy beats to those songs and it helps that they're the old stuff before all this Young Money crap came out.

5.. Any advice for people who might just be starting to work out?

Whatever you do, don't give up. You're not going to see results the first week. You might not see them the second week. But they will come. You are going to be sore and it's going to hurt. Being sore means you need to work out more. Don't ever focus on the scale because the scale is a liar. What you weigh has no correlation to how your clothes fit. Oh, and don't shy away from muscle. Muscle does not make you "bulky" (unless you're taking steroids. EW.) You WANT muscle. Muscle is what makes all those toned girls look the way you do. Muscle is what makes you have an ass and not a butt.
 And muscle eats fat, so that's good, too.

****

I told you Ace is incredible!
If you'd like to be featured next on The Saturday Takeover click here for more information.
Happy Saturday!


Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter