25 Things I Learned As A 25 Year Old


1. Birthdays still excite me.
I love them. Always have, always will.


2. The Mayans can't predict the end of the world.

3. Only Lena Dunham can predict such things.

4. Getting laid-off does not discriminate, it doesn't just happen to the characters played out by
 Ben Affleck and Chris Cooper on The Company Men as I previously thought.

5. Likewise, getting laid-off at age twenty five is hard,
but I'm harder.

6. I learned this year that my sister is pregnant. Due in less than a month!

7. My mom's little Yorkie, Izzy, is pregnant too.
Due today!
(This is one of the pup's from her last litter. Izzy I mean, not my sister.)

8. The world just wasn't ready for a Mormon president in the year 2013.
Sorry Mittens.

9. But the world is slowly accepting gay marriage!

10. Doing stand up comedy is one of the biggest thrills I've experienced yet.
And I'm ready to do it again.

11. Purchasing 22 lottery tickets will not guarantee me a winner.

12. If you are a chubby over zealous pageant-attending child,
you can have your own show on TLC. And it will be a hit.

13. Don't leave your windows unlocked in Chicago,
your house will get broken into.

14. Birthdays spent in Chicago are much better than birthdays spent in Topeka.


15. Walking around with a permanent Instagram filter surrounding me would
give me a lot more self-confidence.

16. Sometimes doing the thing you dread most, turns out being the very best thing you could do.
(ie improv)
The day before my first class ten months ago I said to Chris,
Why am I even doing? I should just bail now.
Words can't describe how incredibly glad I am I didn't bail.

17. On that note, if we all just followed the rules of improv, the world would be a much better place.
(that post will come next week.)

18. Harlow is not out of his chewing stage.
He just ate my favorite heel last night :(

19. Don't leave candles burning in a bathroom near towels, a fire will start.
And you will end up climbing the wall.

20. I learned that other people besides just myself and Perez Hilton blog.

21. Thus I decided in my 25th year it was high time I kick my blog out there,
even though I was nervous some people might not appreciate my humor.

22. I was correct, some people don't. But I learned to care less.

23. The number 23 makes me think of the fact I learned this year that Derrick Rose is a little bitch baby.

24. Coming up with 25 things you learned on the morning of your bday while you're itching to do other things (like drink a bloody mary at lunch) is really hard.

So this just happened.

25. Growing older is a privilege.
And I am privileged. I have twenty six awesome years under my belt.
And I have this crazy feeling they're only getting better.

Thank you for taking the time to read my little space in blogworld today, I truly appreciate it.
And thank you for all of the amazing comments about my grandma Grace's story yesterday.
I'm realizing more and more how lucky I am to share this wonderful day with her.
On that note, I'm off to get my birthday on.
(AKA check Facebook.)




Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter