Life is but a Dream

Life is but a dream,
 for Beyonce, yes, yes it is. For the rest of us, life is life.
Some days good, some not so good.
Here at the Harlow household, we've seen our better days as of late.

I'm not sure if we pissed off the appendix Gods or something,
but ever since Chris gave that little organ the heave-ho illness has taken over our house.
One shouldn't just give up an organ so easily, you know? All actions have consequences.
I woke up yesterday morning and could hardly breath I was so sick.
And by "morning" I mean noon.
It probably didn't help I was waking up every two hours when Chris's pain medication alarm would go off, throw in that and the fact I haven't had a winter coat for a week now ever since my zipper broke.
 #fourthgradeprobs
I haven't had a winter coat just break on me since my Nebraska Starter Jacket back in the 90s.
Talk about worst possible outcome for a ten year old.
"Not my Starter jacket!!!! Now what will I suck on if I don't have the big cold metal S in hand???"

I knew it had gotten bad when today I was at the grocery store and saw a coat in the lost and found
and caught myself thinking, damn that's a nice looking zipper...
So anyway, yesterday I literally slept all day long.
It was one of those days where I would wake up at 5 p.m. and think,
oh my gosh it's already 5 a.m.! Nope still Tuesday.
I hate those days, they make me feel so worthless.
And then Harlow started throwing up.
Which wasn't that surprising considering how many shoes he ate while we were at the hospital.


Harlow has the most guilty "I did it" face in the world.
And he refuses to look at his damage, absolutely refuses.
And I should also note that he's a bit bulimic, he basically throws up all the time.
Leather, rope, matches, I've seen it all.

So between Chris not being able to move, Harlow eating every shoe in the house,
and me having the worst cold ever, it's been a rough few days.
Oh well, what can you do...
When we were sitting in the hospital on Sunday Chris joked,
"guess 2013 isn't our year after all."
But I refuse to believe that. I am the eternal optimist.
Good things are coming.... They are.
Like Jimmy Johns, I just ordered my sub about three minutes ago and that means they should be arriving in less than thirty seconds. They seriously are freaky fast here.

That's all I've got.
Chris just dropped his pain meds and the poor thing can't pick anything up to save his life.
Is it Friday yet? Or I should say is it summer yet?


Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter