Camp Fremont

Note to self:
when you are missing your puppy don't try to make yourself feel "better"
by visiting the Chicago Animal Shelter.
It will not make you feel better. It will actually make you feel much worse.

Harlow's been away at Camp Fremont for nearly ten days now.
Camp Fremont= Chris's parents house in Nebraska.
Camp Fremont has all of the luxuries a dog like Harlow could dream of.
A huge backyard full of squirrels and rabbits.
A cabin outside of town where he can run freely and chase deer until his heart desires.
And a wide open pasture with one old grump horse named Amicus where Harlow
can pretend for just a second he truly is a stallion, after all.
Until Amicus notices Harlow and then he runs away as fast as possible barking and yipping until he's safe back at the barn.
Most importantly, Harlow can poop freely without having someone always standing right behind 
him with a plastic bag in hand.
So wipe that look of shame off your face Harlow (yeah, you know the one) 
you can finally have some privacy!
And at the end of a camp day he cozies up to his cousin, Vandal, for a long restful sleep.

So yes, I know Harlow is in good hands at camp.
And I know it's good for a city dog to have some time away like this.
But after ten days I miss my Harvey so very bad.
sidenote- Harvey is one of Harlow's many nicknames.
He also goes by: Harls, Har, Harvard, Harbie, Harbow, Harloso, Carl, Charvey, Carl's Jr, and Jimmer.
Doesn't everybody have this many nicknames for their dog? I thought so.

So because I'm missing my pup so bad,
after I received my weekly email from the shelter about which dogs are available for foster this week, 
I decided to go meet some of these pups because I'm thinking about fostering one for the holidays.
Once I got to PAWS (the Pets Are Worth Saving shelter)
I learned that the foster dogs are actually at another location.
But the worker told me I could go meet some of the dogs up for adoption if I'd like.
And when I walked down that first hallway the amount of sad puppy dog eyes I saw staring back at me 
broke my cold little heart.
But it's actually a really nice shelter, I just can't stand to think of all those abandoned dogs 
sleeping in those tiny rooms night after night. Better than cages though, I suppose.
But before I go on another tangent about Let's Save the Animals I'm going to turn it over
to some other really great bloggers that I assure you will not be talking about
depressing matters like animal shelters and abandoned dogs.

Here they are...


My name is Caitlyn and I blog at The Daily Post. 
I currently live in Boise, Idaho and am attending college. I like to act like I am fashionable
post semi-repulsive images and all other good things about my daily life and what makes it so special. 
Come on over and say HI!

Photobucket
Hi everyone! I'm Brie over at Simple Single Girl Life I'm a twenty-something single mom to two fur babies that I love and adore. I write about the trials and tribulations of being single, the random thoughts that run through my head, and normal girl talk type things. I think I'm funny, I make myself laugh, and my mother finally informed me that she didn't know I was this funny until I started my blog. Thanks for that mom, feeling the love. If you want to swing over and check me out feel free! 
We have some vacancies!

I'm Kim, and you can find me over at The K.O. Jewelry.
 I make jewelry that I sell on Etsy, I'm a wedding planner wanting to start up my own business soon, and I'm really good at pretending to be a housewife- drinking and all. Some more exciting facts: I'm married to a beer distributer and brewer, I'm a huge Arkansas Razorback fan (Go Hogs!), and I grew up in Alaska! Just hop on over and check me out if you want to find new music, some crafts, and a whole lot of nonsense. 
blog / shop / twitter / facebook / pinterest / instagram


Hey everyone, I'm Paige and I blog at Eloping Stethoscope. 
I used to be "The Eloping Stethoscope" but like faceboook, 
I dropped the the because that's what the cool kids do. 
I blog about life with my brand new shiny husband, Cody.
 I can say only he's shiny and new for another six months, so I'm milking it while I can.
 I also blog about nursing school, which is the most awesome and difficult thing I've ever done in my life. Other than that, you'll find a bunch of random stuff. Hope you'll stop by!


My name is Allison and I've been blogging for about a year now. 
My blog is just a journey through my life, I like to write and share stories and a blog 
is a good place for that. I just did a little make over on the blog, so come over,
 relax and stay for a while. 
Let's be friends!
Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter