Goo-losh

You ever have one of those days when you just can't stop eating?
I'm having one today.
Usually, those days are Sundays. I eat for 24 hours straight until I can't physically take anymore.
But for whatever reason, I'm going through that again today.
Just for lunch already I've had three bowls of goulash, a bowl of weird cheesy rice,
 a bag of Chex Mix for dessert, and I'm still jonesing to go to DQ for a quick Dilly Bar fix.
I think it's because I'm training for a marathon and so I'm just craving carbs or something.
sidenote: I haven't actually began training, but the thought of it alone makes me want to eat carbs.

But you've all heard of goulash right?
It's pretty much one of my all time favorite pasta dishes.
Looks something like this:

My mom used to make it at least once a week when I was little. And I would eat the shit out of it.
I still do.
Well I made it last night, and today when Chris was leaving for work I casually said to him,
"Hey, wanna take the left over goulash to work for lunch?
And he hesitated, then looked at me and said,
"No, it was good and all, but I don't really want anyone at work to see me eat that white trash food."
Uh huh.... UH HUH...
Well color me white trash then, because I grew up on this stuff.

And it never dawned on me until that moment that perhaps a meal that starts with "goo" and ends with "losh" might not be the classiest of meals.
And I guess the ingredients are pretty simple:
noodles, hamburger, mushrooms, tomatoes, and tomato juice...
What next, are you going to tell me eating pheasant soup is weird too?
And eating sardines straight from the can? Didn't every kid grow up getting a can of sardines in their stocking?

I mean look at us, do we look like a white trash family to you???

Exactly.
Not just anyone grows up with plush green carpet and red velvet chairs to match.
And my dad is rocking the flannel like 15 years before J Crew started selling it.
And it's not like we had a sign in our front yard that said "beware of dog,"
we only had that sign in our back yard.
So my family might be a lot of things, but WT is not one of them.

On that note, I need to go run a mile or two to train for my marathon that's coming up in 364 days.
I went on my first "jog" last night in about four years and it felt pretty damn good.
Not to mention Chicago provides for some great scenery while running. You know you're not a real runner when you pause to take photos and then Instagram them...
Can you blame me though? Look how gorgeous it is.



Then again maybe I'll say screw the run and
just watch part 2 of the reunion for RHNJ...
Which do you think I'll do?  Well which would you rather do?
Me too.

Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter