JoePa was Sandusky'd

So they finally Sandusky'd the Joe Paterno statue
at Beaver Stadium.
In true Dusky style, they creeped in during the middle of the night
and took it down while no one was watching or could put up a protest.
I can't help but think this was kind of cowardly however,
if I would have been in charge of this "take down",
I would have let each and every victim come in with their tool of choice:
(baseball bat, golf club, blow torch, ext)
and just full on beat the crap out of the statue themselves.


But that's just me.
Okay, maybe I'm taking it too far.
After all, it wasn't really JoePa's fault, what did he do that was that bad?
is what Hitler might ask.
As for anyone else who wonders this,
well then I encourage you to read the testimonies of the victims.
And then try to explain to those people why a bronzed statue
is more important than the innocence they lost during their childhood.
Why a winning record means more
than what happened to those children? Over and over again...

Mourning a statue? Really?

I'm honestly amazed disgusted at how many people try to defend
Paterno by saying he didn't really know what was going on.
Come on! He for sure at least knew of one case, which is one case too many.
And I'm sorry, but if you find out your "friend" enjoys the company of
small children aren't you going to think, hey, maybe there's a problem here.
You don't just look the other way...
Nobody just has a "bad night" and accidentally ends up with child.
The saying isn't called babycoyoteugly.
"Yeah dude, I got so hammered last night I woke up next to Mason Dissick."
That's disgusting. And that's my point.
This kind of shit doesn't just happen.
It's premeditated.
Joe Paterno might not have known the existent (but even this I doubt)
but he did know he had a pervertedmothaSanduskycreep working for him,
and he didn't care. Even after he "fired" him.
And why should he? As long as kept winning dem foosball games, that's all dat mattered.

I'm not sure why I wrote that previous line as voiced by Kathy Bates circa Waterboy,
but it just felt right.

He was a selfish good ol' boy who was only concerned with winning.
Nothing was to interrupt his football. And that was that.

The source of this rant comes from one too many
Facebook/Twitter updates from idiots on my feed regarding
how they "feel so bad" for everyone else being punished because of one man's crimes.

I feel bad for the victims.
That's it. No one else.
The current players can transfer, and I assure you, they'll get over it.
The previous players will always know the numbers of games they won,
the NCAA can't take this away no matter how hard they try.
But what about the victims?
Do you think they'll ever get over it?
Taking the statue down might be one very tiny victory
in a life where they have had to fight mental battles on a daily basis.

I think it's time we let Sandusky out of his isolation cell and into the
everyday prison cells.
After all, he was the one who said what happens in the showers is all just
"a little horsing around."

If you read this and happen to be deeply offended,
would you do me a favor and email me at thedailytay@gmail.com?
I try to see both sides in situations, but for the life of me
I just can't seem to understand why anyone would justify keeping this statue up.
Maybe you could better explain it to me.
(and to everyone else not taking crazy pills.)

Thanks.




Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter