My Funny Valentine


A note to my Valentine.
Paris 2008

 Some roses are red, and some winter days are blue,
But as long as you’re around, those sad days are few.

            Don’t worry Chris, that’s as mushy as this will get,
You hear that, mom? No need for a crying fit.
(She gets so excited when I show an emotion other than sarcasm)

This will be our sixth Valentines Day spent as a pair,
I guess it’s technically only five since that first year was a little unfair.

You were living life in Spain as a wild young American lad,
While I was stuck in Nebraska, feeling quite bad.

But I guess anyone would feel bad after eating six pounds of a giant cookie,
Still sorry about that Kim, I was just a Theta binge-eating rookie.

The following year it was 2009, we had dinner at that fancy restaurant and it was such a thrill,
And that was all thanks to the fact you charged it on your dad’s bill. 
Valentines Day 2009
Nice dress, loser.

A few too many drinks were had at the Bar, and I’m sure the Rail too,
So we rushed right home to order Ramos Pizza, because what else would we do.

Naturally you fell asleep on the couch waiting for them to ring,
But not this girl, I sat patiently against the front door, anticipating its ding.

Soon enough it was 2010, I was in KC and you in the Lou.
We dined at McCormicks and Schmick's, and threw back a few.


I believe it was merely 10:00 before we called it a night,
Per the usual, we’d eaten too much and both our pants felt painfully tight.

2011 we were finally married, according to Kansas law that is,
Living under the same roof and all that “common law” biz.

Life had thrown us a curve ball and in Topeka we had dropped.
My time was spent yelling at the Westboro picketers, until you’d tell me to stop.

I believe it was here we had a nice little dinner at the Olive Garden, it was a pretty sweet day.
Besides the fact we’d just been evicted from our apartment and told to “move right away.”

We can thank our dear Harlow for that little change,
He insisted he was a city a dog and told us it was time to rearrange.

And thus we spent 2012 in this wonderful city we currently reside,
A place called Chicago, what a wild ride.

Last year Valentines was spent watching the Bulls, remember those tickets cost us a dime…
We also had the pleasure of watching a nervous guy propose to his gal at halftime.

There were balloons, and cheering and ringing of bells,
And I was quickly reminded why a public engagement would be my ultimate hell.

So 2013 here we are, we said from the beginning it was going to be our year.
And I’m still quite sure it will, because together you and I (and Harlow)
can tackle anything we fear.
Except for moths, you know Harlow and I will never conquer that fear.

Happy Valentines Day, Chris!
Thanks for putting up with all of my constant career/goal/life changes.
 I swear one of these days all of my daydreaming will pay off.

XOXO
Tay

Wait, isn't Valentine's Day tomorrow?
Yes, yes it is.
However tomorrow I will be posting a HUGE giveaway I am taking part in.
Think $1000 huge. One winner. $1000. Yeah, that big.
                        

Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter