Is Football Season OVER Yet?


Saturday was the day a group of us decided to road trip to
Indianapolis to watch the Huskers compete in the Big Ten Championship against Wisconsin.
And by "compete" I mean lose.
And by "lose" I mean get slaughtered.


It was also the day a group of us decided to act like the 21 year olds we aren't,
and "shot gun" numerous beers at the JW Marriott
(which is also known as the Just Wondering Marriott)
before heading into said game.
And shot-gunning might sound fun in theory, but as it turns out,
I'm not such a fan.
It's quite messy and a little bit dangerous if you ask me.
I'd rather drink my beer from the normal opening rather than a sharp slit cut into the side of the can
any day.
But what do I know, I'm super old since I graduated college way back in 2009.
Which brings me to the second incident of the night.

The girls chose not to purchase the $130 tickets like the guys,
and instead we took the free tickets given to us by the lovely gentlemen at StubHub.
A decision I think we're all still very happy about.
The seats were shitty, but what does it matter when you're watching a college team
play a middle school team.
Anyway, the three of us were seated next to a bunch of Wisco guys.
All was fine in the beginning, we were losing immediately, but whatever it happens.
Especially this year...
But as the game went on the Wisco guys got more and more obnoxious.
Although as I rewrite that I'm wondering if maybe I got just less and less tolerate?
Well one thing leads to another and the next thing I know the guys were giving Katy, Erica and myself
shit for the fact we graduated college when they graduated high school.
It was the first time in my life I really felt OBS.
Old Balls Syndrome.
And then BOOM my fuse wore out. And I think I went off on them...
I've tried to block most of it out. But after going through some texts from the night,
it would seem as if I was really a-n-g-r-y about some things.
As well as "getting in fights."

I think that's the first time in my life I've ever said "u got my back" to anyone.
But c'mon, you can't call twenty five year old girls old. That's just silly.
And you also can't wear a tan Members Only Jacket if it's past 1989,
 right Wisco boy?  Right.
At half time I also remember vaguely getting into a verbal fight with a 60 year old man from Wisco
when he yelled "YOU SUCK" to all of us and I yelled back
"You can tell us we suck after you've won five championships, idiot."
And then the debacle went on, I'm sure I lost because I really know nothing about football besides
the fact we used to be good, and we used to win championships.
Five I think?

Moral of the story is this-
When on a road trip, make sure to have as much fun as possible before the game.
Because when you lose by 87 points it kinda changes the whole feel of the trip.
And one more thing- fan fights are the dumbest thing ever because neither you or I
did a damn thing to contribute to the game.
Nada.
And that's all I've got to say about that.
Let's move on to Husker basketball. -said nobody.
Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter