Bear Down

****
Today I'm recovering from a weekend that looked something like this...


Friday started off getting a bit fancy for Chris's work party and heading to his pal's apartment for drinks and snacks beforehand. We had the doorman take this photo of us in the lobby not realizing his friends have access to the security cam via their TV in their apartment and thus they watched the entire photo shoot unfold- in all honestly it was only two photos, but they made sure to make fun of us never the less. I would have done the same thing.



And it ended quite un-fancy at a little place called The Lodge with Moscow Mules and dirty bar peanuts. Of course Chris and I love one of the few bars in Chicago that has peanut shells all over their floor, a shuffle board-bowling arcade game in the back, and barely anyone under the age of forty to be found. Yet The Lodge is probably my favorite crappy little bar ever. If you're ever in Chicago and happen to love crappy bars as well, you gotta stop by.


And it only felt natural to begin our Saturday at our favorite diner down the block, Frances'.



I don't often get skillets, but when I do I make sure they count. This baby was loaded with red potatoes, apple chicken sausage, cheddar cheese, red peppers, and all sorts of calories and diabetes I'm sure.


To say we had a lazy Saturday would be an understatement. I think we watched five movies on the couch, one of which was The Way Way Back. I absolutely love quirky dramas, so I was a huge fan of this movie. And I could watch Allsion Janney play the drunk best friend all day long. If you haven't seen her in my favorite 90s flick Drop Dead Gorgeous, do yourself a favor and go watch that movie asap. And after we finished our movie marathon both Chris and I started craving a dessert so we were major fatties and actually had cookies and ice cream delivered to us. This is a very dangerous service, my friends. Very dangerous indeed. But so damn delicious.


Sunday was spent at Soldier Field cheering on the Bears. Although I almost didn't get let in to Soldier Field because I was told my purse was "too big"... Riddle me this, if security checks my purse and the contents inside, why on earth would it matter what the size of it is? I'm not a magician. It's not like I have a trap door hiding at the bottom of my bag. If you can't tell, I'm still a little bitter about the fact Chris and I had to lose our place in line and walk to the public lockers a block away where I then had to pay $10 to store my purse during the game.


But whatever, we got inside and I got my beers and hotdogs so I know I should stop pouting. And even though the Bears lost to the Lions, it was still a great day to watch a game.





And that was my weekend, how was yours? Once again, I'm swearing off food for the week because I'm feeling a bit weighted down after all that was consumed over the past few days. And I have to make sure my swim-suits fit for Cabo which will be here in less than two weeks! Yikes.

Have a good Monday. If anyone needs me I'll be sitting in a sauna for the next 48 hours trying to detox or something.


 photo signature-23.png

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter