Wake Me Up on Friday

I'm just not a Monday person, like at all.
I might as well be a spokesperson for the those depression commercials
the way I can barely drag myself out of bed, don't enjoy the things I usually do
(like eating Frosted Flakes and watching the Today Show)
and how any little thing will piss me off today for at least six hours.
At least.

I'm still pissed about the Jehovah's Witness who came to my door a couple hours ago.
I wouldn't have answered it, but I was a little nervous she might have been
the owner of the car mirror I hit earlier today.  (Don't judge me, everybody does it here.)
So I figured I better see what she had to say. When I opened the door she said,
"I am so glad you are here!"

and I thought, oh shit, it's the Honda owner.

but she continued, "If you had one question to ask God right now, what would it be?"

and I said, "why are you here?"

and then she laughed and laughed. But I was like, "no seriously, why are you here?"

Then the flood gates opened and she proceeded to tell me about everything she and Jehova had witnessed,
and how it was her mission to save us all or something.
You might not know this, but she said
 "God only lets a certain amount of people into his heavenly gates."
So I looked her straight in the eye and said,

"Well then if I were you, I'd stop knocking on doors telling strangers about this.
Why not make our odds better while we can?"

I feel like she didn't like this answer though because shortly after she handed me three thick packets and was on her way.  So then I was pissed she just gave up hope on me that fast.

The other reason I'm slightly more pissy today is on account of the fact
Chris got the bright idea to drive back to Nebraska for the Penn State game on Friday.
So we left Chicago at 3:00 p.m. that day, got to Nebraska around 10 p.m.
And then left for Chicago by 2:00 p.m. on Sunday and arrived home around 9:00 p.m.
That's way too short of a turn around for this girl. I need at least six hours of couch time on Sundays.

But did I have fun in Lincoln for the short time I was there?
Does a girl squat in a porta potty?
Of course.
Right when we got there Saturday morning we went to my brother's for Bloodys.
It was like mid 70s. That doesn't happen in November in Nebraska.
God Bless El Nino- the gift that keeps on giving!

We then headed down to Tavern on the Square for more Bloody Marys.
I used to think The Bar had the best bloodys in Lincoln, but I gotta say,
Tavern is taking over.
Although I'll admit this is 99% based off the fact that Tavern puts a little salami slice in theirs.
The first bar that I find that puts an actual chicken strip or hamburger in their bloody's will probably be my new favorite.
Christmas Card 2012!

And even though I usually prefer tailgating rather than actually going into the game,
I decided to switch things up a bit and go into the stadium.
I mean I  like to support my Huskers, and since we were playing Penn State,
I thought I could support the kids, as well.

















Luckily, we won. It was a real night biter (I've been told.)
I was too distracted by the slow-motion-wave the entire stadium was participating in.

And then after the game I was faced with a very hard decision.
I could either
A. stay and go out in Lincoln, which would mean getting pretty sloppy at the bars with college kids,
looking very sweaty at the Rail, possibly getting kicked out of the Downtown,
probably yelling at door-men at some point, getting allowed into The Bar when I shouldn't,
and ending the night at Lazarris with a full spicy chicken pizza to myself
and sleeping on a floor somewhere.

Or I could

B. ride with my parents back to Norfolk and end the night with a plate full of nachos at my second home, Ricardos Mexican Restaurant- and then get to sleep in my own bed.

What to do... What to do...

Well I chose B. So yeah, I guess you could say I chose nachos over going out.
I think I must be growing up or something.
Or maybe I just really wanted those damn nachos... I mean it's not like I get them every day.

And that's all I've got. I need to go take another nap now.
Wake me up when it's Tuesday. Or Friday, whatever.


Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter